Friday, September 27, 2013

Picture Book (CRR)


         I was way too young to read when I saw my first picture book, but my teachers or parents would read it to me and that book was “No, David!" by David Shannon. The book is about a misbehaving child who does random impolite actions that causes his mom to say no David. I remember a time when I was in kindergarten I always treasured books that were mostly pictures and with only about seven words on each page. If I saw a book with lots of words on the first page and with a little amount of pictures in the whole book then I would chuck away from my vision. A random mysterious woman from my school came over to my house and gave me a huge book that was very colorful with the title saying “No, David!” after talking to my parents and I. Although I was too nervous to say thank you to her. As the person spoke to my parents I was looking at all the weird funny looking pictures in the book.


          This book made me feel like my life was put into this book because when i was a child i would break items, throw tantrums, and play with my food like David in the story. The things that make this book interesting is that the plot is very creative and very originalDuring school I noticed that my teacher had the story book “No, David”. “Can you read this book”, I said. The teacher politely read the book to the class. The book was very hysterical that it made everyone laugh. The part that I laughed at the most is when David was running on the sidewalk butt naked while his mom says “Come back here David!” This book can be a little educational by teaching children the consequences of being bad at home.


No, David with sound effects-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QV1X3u1o3c

3 comments:

  1. A great entertaining story about your childhood. did you have something in common with David?

    ReplyDelete
  2. very interesting, i think you did a good job on explaining your details

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job. When I was a kid I read No, David! Good book.

    ReplyDelete